Monday, November 25, 2013

My last letter to the boy in the ocean

From http://itiswrittenforyou.files.wordpress.com

We find ourselves alone again.

But before we completely swim in different directions, I’d like to let you know a few things.

I’m sorry we weren’t able to take our much-awaited adventures together. I’m sorry we sailed when the tides weren’t in cadence and I’m sorry I had to make a choice, for fear of us both getting stuck among stormy skies and roaring waves.

Thank you for understanding, appreciating and accepting my prune-like fingers. For watching the skies change with me. For loving and marveling at how the sunlight seeps through the ocean surface, and tangles the curves of our bodies so perfectly. For reminding me that the depth we were submerged in and the saltiness of the water was, at one point, actually harmless. For soothing me and keeping me warm when I felt chills from the water’s sudden or random change of temperature.

Thank you for guiding me as I stepped off the shore despite the grave uncertainties and possible dangers you knew were in store for us.

As I plunge deeper, explore further, and eventually find solace and be at peace with the ocean’s foreign entities I once knew, I would silently pray and be grateful for meeting the boy who helped me learn how to breathe underwater. I’m learning again.

And even though I couldn’t join you or even allow you to compromise the kind of voyage you deserve, I’m glad I didn’t drift away, even when I had multiple chances to.

I really did enjoy my stay and I hope you did too.

I hope you never forget that whether we do it together or apart, the ocean is still ours to conquer.

No comments:

Post a Comment