Monday, June 16, 2014

To my future lover

From my Tumblr


This is for the person I may or may not come across in my life.

I’m not going to tell you things about myself that I wish you would accept, or my quirks that you would hopefully find adorable. I’m not going to paint a picture of how I’d like you to be, or list some deal breakers that you should, at all costs, avoid.

I’m going to tell you that I don’t quite know what love really is. I don’t know the ideal love shared between two people, the kind that everybody wants. I’ve gone through things that have dramatically altered my views and expectations on that sort of thing, so I never really knew how to define it.

But no matter what definition I have of love, may it be completely sure or completely distorted, know this.

I’m thankful that I’ve met the person I’ve been saving my love for, the kind I’ve secretly believed always existed. I’m glad I’ve met the one who respects and understands the kind of love I am willing to give, the love I was always reluctant to face.

And even if we may not have the kind of future we’d hope for, I’d like to thank you for teaching me to be brave and for sharing these moments with me anyway.

Even so, I will love you for many reasons, but I will also love you for making me believe that this is something I can finally be sure of.

No comments:

Post a Comment