Saturday, May 21, 2011

Authentic.


In a world full of artists sharing and channeling their masterpieces through technology, a virtual catalyst, I find great importance in handwritten letters and raw journal entries, along with ink blots, marks and scratches.

The energy of my thoughts and expressions are given more depth as they flow through my veins, ignite my muscles and trigger my hands to take hold of a pen and simply write. Write until my hand hurts; until the strain is felt and is treated numbly.

The curves of the letters or characters created, the smell of the ink and the embossed words on a thin piece of paper is what inspires me, knowing that I have created a work of art; one that embodies me and the different worlds that I place myself in. I take pride and utter happiness in the fact that I have created something raw and beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment