Friday, May 06, 2011

Letter #6: Captured

This place is dark, love. I haven't seen anything more frightening in my life. The smoke released from their constant tobacco sessions suffocates me. The only source of light is the oil lamp in the far corner of this room they keep me locked in. The light seems so far. I can't reach for it even if I tried. I overheard them talking. They say it's been days, but I feel like I've been here for thousands of lifetimes.

Let me tell you how they've been making me live here.

They make me lay my head on rocks. I use an old, damp cloth as a blanket, one that barely covers my arms. It's cold, very cold. They throw a few pieces of bread through the small hole on this certain wall of the cave. I rely on a small cup of sewage water to quench my thirst. I don't know why I'm here.

The only clothing that keeps me warm is the one I've worn from the moment they've captured me; now it is dirty and torn, barely covering my bruised arms and legs.

Please help me escape. Please help me find warmth again. I haven't been able to sleep well, and I haven't been able to stay up either, for fear that they might come in again. Please find me; take me away.

No comments:

Post a Comment