Friday, September 07, 2012

Getting through

Photo from my Tumblr

I find myself thinking about you quite often, when I know I am not in the position to. From where I am, I watch, enchanted and speechless, wondering if we’d ever meet. That unreasonable ache continues to throb each and every day. I have no control over it, yet my will power seems to let this certain emotion grow on its own. I long for something I can’t utter, something I fear, yet I continue to bask in thoughts of you, this knowingly requited feeling slowly killing me with every fleeting moment.

It baffles me, how my cheeks flush, how my palms sweat and how I stutter when we speak… How we glance at each other, with tacit feelings lingering in the air as it chokes us for a verdict so unexplainable, so forbidden. It sickens me when I feel the need to see you and just know you’re there, even if mere words are barely exchanged, for fear of aggravating what is quite fragile, quite dangerous.

What I feel for you, I do not know. We never will because we never can and we never should. We are divided into two different worlds, separated by fate’s cruelty.

The very thought strains me, and the everyday struggle is quite a burden, but even if I can’t get to you, even if the endings of such circumstances would remain unreachable, I sit in this corner, tender, wondering what will never be.

As much as it kills me, although I see you, what will always remain extant would be my longing to meet you at the other side.


(Non-fictional, based on a true but impersonal story)

No comments:

Post a Comment