Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Dedication post

Photo from etsy.com

His pieces are never understood on the surface, or sometimes never understood at all. There's always something behind his thoughts so effortlessly written. This distinct complexity plucks a nerve, leaving me quite puzzled. How can I feel for something I can't even fully understand?

He knows the right mixture of fantasy and everyday life. He also has this gift of knowing how to tear my heart out and knowing which areas to aggravate, releasing emotions that I wasn't even aware of.

I consider an author to be exceptionally good if he can make me feel deeply, if he can translate ordinary phenomena into something much more than that, if he can change perspectives and of course, write about them beautifully. Murakami's a genius. Everything he writes is always so surreal, and I always get transported into a chaotic universe of some sort, where its hues are far beyond what my vast, imaginative mind can already handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment